Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's Official

When reality strikes, its a far fetch from an angelic experience. It's not to say that it is a dread having to plan my own wedding, however the goodie parts where we always see on television or read on the novels are always the end results from the hard work and effort put into making it one.

A month ago, I'm still happy just being attached as Mike's girlfriend. Even when my dad announce my "Engagement" to the whole world over the microphone at my brother's wedding day doesn't bother me as much as being really "Engaged". I have to say, IT'S OFFICIAL now. A month ago today was my 2nd yr together with Mike. Never have anything prepare me for today at all. Although me and Mike always talk about marriage and how we want it to be and bla bla bla.. when the actual day comes.. I am in total lost. Especially when everything is not in my hands of control. Initially it was the date of the ROM. Now that I have just gotten the dates fresh from the "Sifu", I can officially announce to all of you, my ROM day will be on the 7th Sept 2008. Please make yourself free on that day please. No excuses accepted!!

Now that I have the dates in hand, I have less than exactly a year ahead to plan everything else. Wow, so "chun" ar.. hehehe.. It can never be anymore "chun". Besides being officially engaged, I hereby also announce I am officially gonna have a headache! hahaha.. the music have just started dude!

Over the phone speaking to my mom, I can't helped to realise that it felt like they are more "into" getting it done than me and Mike. Sorry mom, but it seems like you were the one getting married.. hahaha.. no offense. Perhaps the idea of getting married has changed. Its no longer just about the big day event, but more of a lifetime commitment and bills! it seems. We are living in such an advance society and world now that everything seems fastforward. I do believe before every marriage, the journey ahead have to be clearly laid out. This scares me alittle though. As I can hardly imagine what life will be ahead of me. But none the less, I am glad I have Mike to go through it all with me.

Besides the big day event, me and Mike have to; literally speaking, look for a place to call home NOW. The whole HDB flat balloting is a long winded process, with loads of time and effort going into hands of the one choosing the eligable candidates whom they think are worth getting the units they apply for. How fair can it be I wonder.

Its sad that I wasn't back home when my bro gets married. But then again, I would say that, it will be different still as my bro can still stay with my parents and Mike can't. If you happen to see the size of his room.. Its not couple friendly at all.. :p I have missed the whole process of bitter sweet facts. Oh well, I guess this just make our ceremony even more meaningful then. Knowing that, every single bits and pieces are efforts of our love and time. Couldn't agree more with myself!

Looking forward to the day when it all becomes real.

With love and hugs;
Peggy