Monday, September 10, 2007

Auspicious VS Superstitious

Since the ancient chinese times, consulting the "Sifu" is a must when it comes to choosing a relatively good dates for marriage. Sad to say, in the olden times, the couple have no say what so ever in their own marriage as it is arranged by the family. But over the years, time have change and that old folk stories no longer applies. However, in the modern society today, its is very much disguised in another way.

As me and Mike break the news of the "auspicious" date to his parents, I am begining to see the real stress about arranging for a wedding. Does choosing an auspicious timing for everything really matters? Being a free thinker now and previous Buddhism background, I have no objections on such matters. To be it is more like a tradition of ceremonial rights rather than a religious believes. No doubt, consulting a "sifu" for the right time is already crossing over to the world of superstition. However to some other religions, its a big no no and what more to say, a waste of time and money as they believe in the name of God, marriage is about love not time. So in this case.. should I be following the "auspicious" timing that I was told by the Sifu or should I just follow my heart into doing what is deem right. Without trying to offend anyone in this case, I am juggling on fire. So it seems. I may be over exagerating.

To me, wedding is an intimate event. A ceremonial bliss of 2 loving people tying the knot with close friends and relatives celebrating their joy for them. However, with the ever competitive society now, wedding is like another transaction. Hotels and restaurants have inevitably stereotype this event into something so commercial its no longer personal.

As both me and Mike has our own set of ideas to what seems like a heavenly occasion, I am now stressing myself over something very minor. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. Being a Virgo its just part of my traits.. a perfectionist!

I can't help but to believe that this ain't gonna be a smooth ride. Yet, wedding is never a simple occasion either.

Love & Hugs,
Peggy

No comments: