Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Updates April - May

With a blink of an eye, it's already end of May. 2 months have passed without much major happenings on the list. Yet, it's enough to kept me and hubby busy with endless googling and window shopping with nothing but one thing in mind.. BARGAINS!

On my previous post, we were still very undecisive on which contractor/ID company to engage for our house reno. Well, I still believe we have not taken enough thought and time to consider our choice. we have chosen "Greenwood Furnitures and Interior Designs" to be our renovator and boy... does the nightmare starts.

With a tight budget and a pretty fixed "move-in" date, we have our mission set to it. The whole idea was to renovate the house and move in before the 7th month starts. With a fixed budget rate and design in mind, there isn't much the renovator needs to do but to furnish and provide us with the things we want and requested for. Simple as that. No hidden corners, no suprises. However our dear ID guy still manage to twirl his way around us merely because WE have already signed on the dotted line. All promises seems to have slowly fade away.. one by one. Can you imagine your ID guy telling you "oh.. please remind me of the things that I have said/promised you.. I may forget"... (0_0) ... I got a shock when hubby told me that. Needless to say, I have put up a shield after that statement of his. True enough, he have failed to impress and is worst at being punctual.

Without having to say much.. it's a bloody nightmare! Everyday, we have to keep calling and reminding him of the outstanding matters and its really annoying!! I've heard numerous accounts about horrible contractors.. and now I have my own share of it too. Just as I thought things we getting better when we finally "started" the renovation works.. things come to a halt. After 2 days of work (hacking of the skirting) .. no other work has been done to the house. Today mark the 2nd week since the reno started and you can hardly see much about the schedule of work to it. I can't seem to come to a conclusion about why this is happening and dare not have a roll with them for the mighty fear of our dream home in custody. Patience is running dry and it's just a matter of time before world war 3 starts.

While all the above is happening, life still goes on for both of us. With targets to meet, deadlines to look at, we still find time for some bargain shopping and have a little fun with it.

Until the day we finally moved in, my nightmare will not stop and hopefully will not continue on. (-_-)

No comments: